Kentucky 2011: Clean-Fuel Vehicle Deduction
Kentucky taxpayers may often be eligible to receive a tax credit or deduction for purchasing certain clean-fuel burning vehicles.
Certain customers, who claimed a deduction for clean-fuel burning vehicles, may have filed an incorrect Kentucky tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 Kentucky Income Tax Return prior to February 25, 2012 AND
- You filed a Kentucky Other Subtractions Worksheet and the Line 15 deduction description reads, “Deduction for qualified clean-fuel vehicle property and qualified refueling property.” AND
- You had an amount in columns (a) or (b) on Line 15 of this Other Subtractions Worksheet
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Kentucky state tax. You may need to amend your Kentucky state tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Kentucky 2011: Clean-Fuel Vehicle.