Idaho 2011: Youth and Rehabilitation Facilities Credit
Idaho taxpayers, who made donations to a qualified center for independent living, a youth or rehabilitation facility or its foundation, or a nonprofit substance abuse center licensed by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, may be eligible to receive a tax credit.
Certain customers, who made donations to youth and rehabilitation facilities, may have filed an incorrect Idaho tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 Idaho income tax return prior to January 26, 2012 AND
- Your filing status was Married Filing Joint AND
- You donated more than $200 to Idaho Youth Rehabilitation Facilities AND
- The amount on your Idaho Form 39R Part E, Line 2 is $100
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Idaho tax. You will need to amend your Idaho tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print thisAuthorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Idaho 2011: Youth Credit.