Federal 2010: Health Savings Account (HSA)
Certain customers, who contributed to a Health Savings Account and filed a Married Filing Joint return, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a federal tax return before March 10, 2011, AND
- You filed Married Filing Joint on your federal return AND
- You and/or your spouse were 55 and older AND
- You contributed to a Health Savings Account AND
- You had an amount on Form 1040, Line 58.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your federal tax. You will need to amend your federal tax return and may need to amend your state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Federal 2010: Health Savings Account (HSA).