Connecticut 2010: Railroad Retirement Benefits (RRB-1099)
Certain customers, who received Railroad Retirement Benefits reported on a RRB-1099, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 Connecticut Income Tax Return prior to September 21, 2011 AND
- You received Railroad Retirement Benefits on a RRB-1099 AND
- The amount reported on your Federal Return Form 1040, Line 20b is greater than zero
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your state tax. You will need to amend your state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Connecticut 2010: Railroad Retirement Benefits (RRB-1099).
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to Connecticut.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.