Amending a 2009 Kansas Return: Joint Homeowners and Energy Credit Error
Article ID: GEN12911
Amend your Kansas 2009 tax return
Important: Follow these steps only after you've amended your federal forms. If you've not amended your federal forms, please follow the steps in the Amending a 2009 Return: Joint Homeowners and Energy Credit Error Knowledge Article first before using the steps outlined below.
To amend your Kansas 2009 tax return:
- Open your Kansas return.
- Find the amended return section:
- Click on Topic List. TurboTax Users: Click on Tools>Topic List.
- Scroll down to State Taxes/ Kansas/ State Interview/ Revisit Your Kansas Info/ General Information/ Taxes and Credits/ Other Forms You May Need/ Other Forms/ Amended Return (Form K 40).
- Click on Amended Return (Form K 40)
- Select Amended Federal Return on the Amend Return Reason window. Read and Follow the Amended Return Instructions then continue.
- In the Amended Return Payment/ Refund Amount screen, do one of the following:
- If you have a tax due on your original return, enter the amount of tax due you have paid on line labeled Amount Paid with Previous Return.
- If you have a refund on your original return, enter the amount you have received on line labeled Amount Refunded with Previous Return.