Amending a 2009 Alabama Return: Joint Homeowners and Energy Credit Error
Article ID: GEN12904
Amend your Alabama 2009 tax return
Important: Follow these steps only after you've amended your federal forms. If you've not amended your federal forms, please follow the steps in the Amending a 2009 Return: Joint Homeowners and Energy Credit Error Knowledge Article first before using the steps outlined below.
There is no amendment form for Alabama; you will just submit a new copy of the return that now has a check in the box for amended on the main form. To do this:
- Open your Alabama return.
- Find the amended return:
- Click on Topic List. TurboTax Users: Click on Tools>Topic List.
- Search for Your Alabama Return > GENINFO > Common General Info.
- On the Do you have any of these Situations? screen, select the I need to change (amend) a previously filed return checkbox.
- On the Do you want to amend a previously filed return screen, select Yes and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the next screen, enter in the amount previously refunded or paid.
- On the following screen, select No when asked to copy the federal reason for amending and enter Federal Tax Liability Was Amended