Federal 2011: Rehabilitation and Investment Credits
Taxpayers may be eligible to receive certain tax credits for rehabilitating historic structures and investing in sustainable green energy processes.
Certain customers, who received an investment credit for rehabilitation or energy-saving activities, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2011 federal tax return before January 19, 2012 AND
- Your credit amount on Form 3468, Part III, Line 14 was greater than $4,000 AND
- Your “Net regular tax” amount on Form 3800, Part II, Line 12 is greater than $4,000
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your federal tax. If so, you will need to amend your federal tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your federal amended return to the Internal Revenue Service.
- Your printed return(s) will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form .
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the Internal Revenue Service and to your state tax authority if your state return is affected.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Federal 2011: Form 3800-limited.