Caught in loop when amending a 2010 return that was mailed after e-file was rejected
Some customers who tried to e-file their 2010 tax returns, got rejected and then mailed them instead, could encounter an issue when trying to amend those returns.
If this describes your situation -- and you start amending your return only to get looped back to the beginning without completing -- please read how to resolve this below.
Work-around for issue
These instructions tell you how to go complete the File tab in the CD/download version, so that you can amend.
Click on the File tab.
- Click on the Check E-file Status tab.
- On Your E-file Status screen click the blue Refile My Return button.
- Select Continue.
- When you see the message that e-filing is closed for the season/file by mail, hit Continue.
- On the screen that says "E-file Your Federal Return for Free," choose “File by mail” and then Continue.
- Select the returns you filed by mail, then Continue.
- At the TurboTax Refund Card screen, hit Continue.
- When you reach the screen called "How Do You Want Your Federal Refund?" make the appropriate selection and then Continue.
- At the state screen, select Continue.
- On the Print Tax Returns for Mailing screen, select Continue.
- Hit Continue again on the Print/Save For Your Records screen.
- On the Become a Advantage Member Today screen, select the blue No Thanks button.
- You will then reach a screen that says, Thank You For Using TurboTax.
Once you reached that final screen, you should be able to return to the Federal Taxes tab, Other Tax Situations subtab to amend your return.