TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee
TurboTax calculations are guaranteed 100% accurate. In the event you are assessed a penalty based on a TurboTax miscalculation, we will reimburse you for the penalty and the interest. More info
Before you submit a claim
Please verify the following:
- You have received an assessment notice regarding a prior-year tax return.
- You have been assessed penalties and/or interest.
- Your contact information is current.
- You have registered your TurboTax software.
- Your TurboTax software is up-to-date (CD or download versions only)
- You entered and classified all your information accurately.
- You filed an amended return if advised by us to do so.
If you have been contacted by the IRS, click here to download and install the Audit Support Center. The Audit Support Center will provide step-by-step guidance to:
- Find out why the IRS contacted you
- Determine what the communication from IRS means
- Prepare your next steps
Submit your claim
You must contact us within 30 days of your penalty assessment if you believe a TurboTax calculation error has occurred. Click here to submit your case for review. Do not wait to respond to the tax authority.
The TurboTax Accuracy Guarantee is a reimbursement program. If after reviewing your claim, it is determined that TurboTax made a calculation error, Intuit will reimburse you for the interest and/or penalties you paid to the IRS or state tax authority. Intuit does not pay any additional tax liability you may owe.
Did you receive a tax year 2012 assessment notice?
We will not start processing Accuracy Guarantee claims for tax year 2012 until early May of 2013, as the IRS and state agencies do not assess penalties and interest on returns filed by the April 15 deadline.
If you need help correcting (amending) a filed return, click here.
Did you receive a reduced refund notice (current or prior tax year)? Click here for an explanation
Do you need tax advice or have a specific tax law question?