Creating a Homeowner Association Return (Form 1120-H) in TurboTax
Because Homeowner Association returns are filed as Corporation returns with a Form 1120-H, you'll need to use TurboTax Business.
Here's how to designate your Corporation return as a Homeowner Association return in TurboTax Business:
- Open your Corporation return.
- If you have not yet created a return, select New Tax Return from the TurboTax File menu.
- In the Select Tax Return Type window, choose US Form 1120: Corporation Income Tax Return, and then click Start.
- In the upper right corner, click the Forms icon.
- On the Corporation Information Worksheet, scroll down to Part II - Type of Return and select the Prepare Form 1120-H checkbox.
- Click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner to return to interview mode.
- Continue through the program to complete and file your return.
Homeowner Association returns must be paper-filed, as e-filing is not an option at this time.